Individual counselling service in Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast
specialising in helping people cope with anxiety caused by change and loss
Coping with Change
Do you find it overwhelmingly stressful to cope with changed circumstances? Hard to find meaning and motivation? Sometimes it feels that you are stuck in negative thoughts, and no one listens or cares?
- Counselling helps you explore how you can overcome loneliness and emotional isolation. How you can free yourself from longstanding and immobilising habits and default negative thinking.
- Do you want to make a positive change in your life, but not sure how to start?
- Are you keen to strengthen your resilience?
Gain more in-depth insight into who you are, what holds you back from being who you want to be: from behavioural changes, through a positive mindset, to a happier life with meaning.
- Feeling down or always worrying?
- Lacking confidence or afraid of being judged?
- Finding it hard to connect with others, fit in or be understood?
- Are you a perfectionist or intensely self-critical?
Counselling can help with these issues plus many more.
During individual therapy, we explore persistent negative feelings and their effect in causing depression, anxiety, issues related to self-worth (body image, eating issues). We cultivate self-acceptance and compassion for yourself and others. Life is hard. However, it is possible to get better at managing the impact of stress, trauma and feelings of brokenness.
Loss of a loved one, relationship breakup, job redundancy, business failure or health deterioration can all trigger the process of grieving.
- Feeling left alone and unable to cope?
- Do pain and longing rule your every waking moment?
- Have you lost hope for the future?
When facing a loss, it is still possible to learn to cope with it and reduce suffering.
Support for those bereaved or impacted by suicide by a therapist trained in crisis support and has the ability to talk openly about suicide.
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. (E. Kübler-Ross)
How can Swan Counselling help you?
I help you identify the inner strengths needed to overcome the challenges you are facing.
In my private practice in Peregian Springs on the Sunshine Coast, I strive to be your trusted counsellor, who respects your uniqueness and helps empower you by using evidence-based, person-centred psychological approaches tailored to your circumstances and personality.