Individual counselling in Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast.
I help you heal from anxiety, depression and addictive behaviours. You can shift from a fear based reactive mindset, stop painful self-judgment, step out of isolation and increase your resilience to stress.
COVID-19 update: We have been through tough times and it may not be over yet. Reaching out for help is more important than ever. If you are experiencing heightened levels of fear, anxiety, depression or you've turned to maladaptive strategies to cope with the pressure, make an appointment online. The way you feel is a normal reaction to the uncertainty we're living in. However, seeking support to help understand or manage your emotions can be transformative.
To keep in line with government regulations, and to put your health and safety first, face-to-face consultations will resume on 15 May 2020. Skype or telephone consultations are also available.
Free initial consultation followed by two sessions at 50% of the normal rate ($35).
If you feel it's been enough how trauma, losses or anxiety have been effecting you, you're at the right place.
- Counselling helps you explore how you can overcome emotional isolation and find your way back to a happy and connected life. Research shows that our early experiences shaped the way we see the world and ourselves. However, we can learn to break free of adapted behaviours that served us in the past but hold us back today.
- I can help you discover your dominant attachment style (guiding you currently in your relationships to yourself and to others) and help develop emotional safeness and ability to self-regulate (or keep your calm!)
- Resilience is skill that can be learnt, want to give it a go?
If you gain deeper insight into your mindset you'll find out what holds you back from being the 'best version' of yourself. Cultivating a positive mindset and self-compassion will enable you to act with courage and dedication to transform your life to the better.
Compassion Focused Therapy
Your inner voice of self-criticism, self-blame and shame may constantly make you feel inadequate:
- Feeling depressed or anxious
- Lacking confidence or afraid of being judged
- Finding it hard to connect with others, fit in or be understood
- Perhaps you are a perfectionist, and as such fast to come down on yourself when making a mistake
I can help with these issues plus many more.
In a safe and non-judgemental place to explore persistent negative feelings I use Compassion Focused Therapy to help inhibit out-of-control fear and threat-based reactivity of my clients. Depression, anxiety and low self-worth can all be approached with deep care and compassion. You can cultivate 'emotional fitness', become more self-aware, resilient, more helpful and supportive to yourself.
- Loss of a loved one, relationship breakup, job redundancy, business failure or health deterioration can all trigger the process of grieving.
- Feeling left alone and unable to cope?
- Do pain and longing rule your every waking moment?
- Have you lost hope for the future?
When facing a loss, it is still possible to learn to cope with it and reduce the emotional suffering. It's called resilient grieving. Together we can find your resources to turn your helplessness into resilience.
I also have years of experience in suicide prevention and crisis support and offer tailored therapy for those bereaved or been impacted by suicide.
Cultivating self-compassion helps find your way out of the darkness of shame, blame, emotional isolation and guilt.
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. (E. Kübler-Ross)
How can I help you?
I can help you identify the inner strengths and compassion needed to overcome the challenges you are facing.
In my private counselling practice in Peregian Springs on the Sunshine Coast, I strive to be your trusted counsellor. I respect your uniqueness and validate however you may feel. I use evidence-based, person-centred and mindfulness oriented psychological approaches to meet your particular emotional needs.
COMPASSION = Awareness to notice what hurts + Wisdom to know what to do about it
My work is informed by Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living strategies to overcome shame, chronic affective isolation, and to find ways of connecting with others and the joy waiting for you in life. These are simple practices that you can use as you need them, when life throws you the next challenge.