Individual counselling in Peregian Springs, Sunshine Coast,
where you find support to heal from anxiety, depression and addictive behaviours. Engage in Compassion Focused Therapy to stop painful self-judgment, break free from isolation and increase your resilience to stress.
Compassion Focused Therapy
You are here for a reason. You may be hurting, been through trauma, lost your spark or can't stop ruminating over the past. You may want to find ways to face your fears, recover from setbacks and adversity that effected you for long enough.
- Counselling helps you explore how you can overcome emotional isolation. Realise how your childhood environment shaped the way you see the world and yourself. Learn how you can free yourself of your harsh inner critic, constant self-blame or default negative thinking.
- Do you want to make a positive change in your life, re-build connections and find meaning?
- Are you keen to increase your resilience?
Gain more insight into your mindset, what holds you back from being who you want to be: thoughts and feelings behind behaviours. Cultivate a positive mindset and self-compassion: act with courage and dedication.
- Feeling down or always worrying?
- Lacking confidence or afraid of being judged?
- Finding it hard to connect with others, fit in or be understood?
- Are you a perfectionist or intensely self-critical?
Counselling can help with these issues plus many more.
Individual counselling offers a safe and non-judgemental place to explore persistent negative feelings. Depression, anxiety and low self-worth can all be approached with deep care and compassion. You can cultivate 'emotional fitness', become more self-aware and resilient. Life can be hard. However, it is possible to get better at coping with stress, trauma and feelings of brokenness.
- Loss of a loved one, relationship breakup, job redundancy, business failure or health deterioration can all trigger the process of grieving.
- Feeling left alone and unable to cope?
- Do pain and longing rule your every waking moment?
- Have you lost hope for the future?
When facing a loss, it is still possible to learn to cope with it and reduce suffering.
Support for those bereaved or impacted by suicide by a therapist trained in crisis support and has the ability to talk openly about suicide.
- Cultivate self-compassion to find your way out of the darkness of shame, blame, isolation and guilt.
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. (E. Kübler-Ross)
How can I help you?
I can help you identify the inner strengths and compassion needed to overcome the challenges you are facing.
In my private counselling practice in Peregian Springs on the Sunshine Coast, I strive to be your trusted counsellor. I respect your uniqueness, offer compassion to your struggles and help empower you so you cope better. I tailor evidence-based, person-centred and mindfulness oriented psychological approaches to meet your particular emotional needs.
I offer Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living strategies to overcome shame, chronic isolation, and find ways back to connecting to others and happiness.